Our Grooming Services
Pets who are regularly groomed enjoy the following health and wellness benefits:
- Nail trimmings keep their paws protected from being pierced by a grown-out toe-nail. In some cases, nails that have grown out can start to bend back into the paw pad and cause persistent pain in the form of an ingrown nail. Regular grooming will ensure that the nails are kept short and neat.
- Long haired dogs and cats can become matted if not regularly brushed or trimmed. This will not only look unseemly, but it can cause them great distress and discomfort.
- Regular bathing keeps pets smelling pleasant and easy to cuddle with, so they can spend more quality time up-close-and-personal with their families.
- Parasites can be caught early and/or prevented entirely by regular grooming.
- Many dogs, particularly long-haired dogs, can grow excess hair between their paw pads that trap sweat, make it difficult for them to walk in snow and ice, and can make it hard for them to find their balance on hardwood floors. During our grooming sessions, we will always shave this hair down.
- Ear cleaning can prevent ear mites, a seriously irritating and unhygienic condition.
- We routinely empty the anal glands of our patients during their grooming session for their health and to prevent displeasing odors; we are confident that this is one service that you would rather a professional do.
In addition to traditional nail trims, baths, haircuts, and brushing, our grooming staff also offers services such as professional skunk-baths, flea and tick dips, and medical baths for dermatological conditions.
Our grooming staff is comprised of highly-trained animal lovers. We offer a full-service grooming practice and ask that pet’s arrive in the morning so we will have plenty of time to make sure that they are clean and healthy from nose to tail.
Vaccinations and tests required prior to the grooming reservation include:
- Canines: DA2PP, Rabies, Canine Influenza, Bordatella, and fecal test
- Felines: Rabies, FVRCP, and fecal test